Wednesday, January 23, 2013

So the good thing about having a tailor as your neighbor...

... is that it's quite convenient to drop off new material, chat with the apprentices, and politely inquire as to whether one's garments are finished.  (All estimates of dates of completion are just that, estimates.  So I spend a lot of time practicing the Pular/French phrase, "Pantalon gayni?" or, "Are the pants done yet?")

The problem is, the more time I spend in Tierno Boubacar's tailor shop, the more I covet all the materials and all the styles I see... so I keep buying more fabric.  Hey, it's good to support neighborhood businesses, right? 

2 comments:

  1. At first, I thought your photo was a painting. Those shirts and tunics are amazing. -Juli in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annnaaa Can I send you my measurements so you can make some clothing for larger-sized me? I don't fit into any of my Nigerien clothing :( :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete